Workshop: Python for social scientists
- Date: 2020, April 20 - 21
- Place: Spinoza A.1.1
- More information: Wilbert van Ham
- Registration: fill in this form
- Tutors: Wilbert van Ham, Pascal de Water, Thijs Doornbos
- Tutorial (printable version)
- EC: Donders Institute PhD's will receive 2/3 EC for this workshop
The workshop will be a hands on tutorial where the participants will learn to write an experiment in Python, using PsychoPy for stimulus presentation and data collection. No prior experience in programming computers is necessary. A printed version of the reader with assignments will be handed out at the start of the workshop.
There is no need to bring your own laptop, but please make sure that you can log on to an ISC maintained computer (beheerde werkplek/ studielandschap) with your university number and password.
|Monday April 20||9:00-12:30||Introduction to Python, data storage|
|13:30-17:00||PsychoPy: Stimulus presentation, response collection|
|Tuesday April 21||9:00-12:30||PsychoPy: Final assignment, a complete experiment|
|13:30-17:00||PsychoPy: Final assignment, a complete experiment|