Difference between revisions of "Zoom"
m (E.vandenberge moved page Video Conferencing to Zoom: page is specific for zoom, not video conferencing in general)
Latest revision as of 10:47, 26 March 2020
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Linux, MacOSX, IOS, Android|
Zoom provides a Unified Meeting Experience platform that brings HD video conferencing, mobility and web meetings together as a cloud service. A crystal-clear video conversation and high quality screen sharing with up to 25 people or rooms. It is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android.
Go to Zoom Download and download Zoom. After the install you can enter your first, last name and your e-mail address to sign up.
- Use the desktop installment.
- Find quiet room.
- Use a fast wired network connection (avoid Wifi). start this speedtest. The yellow bar for download and upload should be above 1.2Mbps for one-on-one meetings. A group(for example 5) zoom meeting should be above 20Mbps.
- Wall mount power supply for your PC (to avoid battery issues).
- We recommend diffuse lighting from the front (e.g. window). We do not recommend lighting from behind or above (neons), because this causes underexposed and poorly lit faces.
- A neutral and static background helps to reduce distractions during the talk.
- Some people prefer giving the presentation while standing. This significantly improves the intonation and makes the presentation more dynamic.
- Optimize Zoom. Go to the start video arrow on the lower left side. Select Video settings....
- Select Enable HD and Touch up my appearance.
After you launch the app, you have two options, Join a meeting, or Host a meeting. If you do not wish to log in, and just want to join a meeting in progress click on Join a meeting. If you would like to log in and start you own meeting, click on Host a meeting.
Join a meeting
Select "Join a meeting".
Enter meeting ID(this is displayed in the email invitation) and password if prompted.
Click on Join.
Host a meeting
Click either the Start without video or Start with video button, depending on your needs.
Click the Invite button at the bottom of the meeting window.
You can share the invitation in a few different ways:
- Clicking the Copy URL button, then paste the URL into an email message to the participants you wish to invite.
- Click the Copy invitation button, then paste the message into an email to the participants you wish to invite.
- Click one of the email service buttons. Your chosen email service will appear with a preformatted invitation.
During your meeting
Mute your microphone when necessary.
Zoom has a “Mute Microphone” option that cuts down on ambient feedback for the audience. When there is a lot of back-and-forth discussion you will turn this off, but you should mute yourself when listening to a presenter.
Use Zoom’s chat function.
You can send a question or statement to everyone or privately to a participant Think about your actions on camera.