The Radboud Immersive Virtual Environment Research (RIVER) Labs are two Behavioral Science Institute research labs dedicated to experiments in Virtual Reality (VR). However, in 2013 it was decided to make RIVER Lab 1 (B.00.12) available for other purposes as well, making RIVER Lab 2 (B.00.10) the prime facility for any VR research. The RIVER Labs are managed by Erik van den Berge of the TSG.
Head Mounted Displays
Consult the Head Mounted Displays page to view the specifications of the head mounted displays used in both RIVER Labs.
RIVER Lab 1
- Capture area: 4 * 8 meters.
- Tracking system: Intersense IS-900.
- Tracker type: Inertial-ultrasonic hybrid sensors (wired)
RIVER Lab 2
- Capture area: 5.0 * 7.2 meters.
- Tracking system: 16-camera AR-Tracking ARTTRACK3 optical motion capture system.
- Tracker type: Retro-reflective markers (passive, wireless)
- Stimulus PC: Dell Precision T3610 with Nvidia GeForce GTX 780.
- IOGear GW3DHDKIT wireless HDMI transmitter.
- Anker Astro Pro 14400mAh external battery.
- Sennheiser RS160 wireless headphones
- Instructions etc.