LimeSurvey is a popular open source system for making and publishing surveys. All students and staff of the Faculty of Social Sciences can use it.
Log on to survey.socsci.ru.nl/admin with your university number and password to make a survey. Invitations to surveys can be send with a direct link to the survey (e.g. https://survey.socsci.ru.nl/index.php/148355?lang=en) or by referring to the main survey page survey.socsci.ru.nl. Note that in the latter case the participant has to find the survey in a list. By default surveys are not listed on the main page. Change this in the survey settings if you wish. The preferred way is using direct links.
There is a Limesurvey beginner tutorial for use of Limesurvey on the Radboud University Faculty of Social Sciences
From survey.socsci.ru.nl you can access several demontration surveys. The pages below show some key elements in how they were made.
Do you want multiple people to help creating or altering a survey? Click collaboration.
If you want to use Sona to invite people to take your survey, please follow the manual provided bij Sona.
Surveys and collected data are stored on campus. The server is not to be used for long term data storage. Surveys and data will be removed after a year without prior warning.
- Does TSG support the making of surveys?
- No. Survey design is considered a core competence of social scientists, not in the domain of technical support. Ask Social Sciences scientific staff to assist in the making of surveys.
- Does TSG support the use of LimeSurvey?
- No. Limesurvey does come with a manual and community support. It may be covered in some courses as well.
- Does TSG support the data analysis of LimeSurvey?
- Data analysis is your own responsibility.
- Does TSG store data collected with LimeSurvey?
- Data must be collected from the LimeSurvey server as quickly as possible. Survey and data will be removed automatically one year after survey creation.
- I understand the answers above, but still want to ask a question. Where do I go?
- Chi Lieu is system administrator. Eric Lieffers is server administrator.
- What version is installed?
- The version installed is 2.05+build141113 with patch #225 for automatic user creation. LimeSurvey may be upgraded without notification.
There are many alternatives for LimeSurvey.
- Is the faculty official survey system. Unlike with LimeSurvey, if you use Perseus you can get help building your surveys. Book the room or ask Pieter van Groenestijn for help.
On 2015-01-06 Behavioural Science Institute (BSI) director Toon Cillessen expressed the intension to migrate from Perseus to Limesurvey.
There are many cloud based systems. All but Limesurvey are secret source. They may require payment, sometimes just for advanced features.