See also: § Manuals
- Turn on power rails.
- Turn on computers and log in.
- Turn on ODAU unit (when used) and wait for it to beep. If the ODAU unit is not used, don’t turn it on.
- Turn on Sensor Unit 1 and wait for it to beep. Remove caps.
- Turn on Sensor Unit 2 (when used) and wait for it to beep. Remove caps. If sensor unit 2 is not used, don’t turn it on.
- Turn on Control Unit and wait for it to beep.
- Start First Principles and load your First Principles experiment. The used units will beep.
- When not all used units are found, make sure that the units you use are turned on, and that all other units are turned off. Close First Principles an restart First Principles. If still not all used units are found, press the button labeled ‘Query system’. If that still doesn’t find all units, contact Hubert Voogd of the TSG.
- Align Sensor Units (when using more than one sensor unit).
- Define coordinate system.
- Connect IRED markers.
- Place IRED markers on subject, AFTER BEING SURE THAT THE IREDS ARE NOT GETTING TOO HOT!
Performing a registration and alignment
You can create your own software to communicate with the Optotrak System, both directly and via First Principles. We advice to use First Principles to record your data and communicate with First Principles by using the RTC3D protocol. Find more information and resources in the links below.
- NDI 6D Architect User Guide (useful for making rigid body files)
- RIG File Creation Procedure (more on rigid body creation)
- Can also be used as a source base to write code in other languages.